As you might remember, one of the projects I started in my current sewing renaissance was Sewaholic’s Pendrell Blouse. Tasia at Sewaholic is one of the first sewing bloggers I started reading after I made my Halloween costume last fall. She does a great job of explaining both simple and complex sewing tasks, and she always has exciting new projects to write about! I was particularly excited to support Tasia as a new pattern designer by joining the Sew-a-long for her first pattern, the Pendrell Blouse
I’m a bit embarrassed that it has taken me SO long to do a post on my finished Pendrell, particularly since I posted on my Pendrell muslin on January 21st and I actually finished the blouse before the end of January! I’ve enjoyed wearing it several times since then, but I never remembered to get pictures taken!
So, without further ado, here is my finished Pendrell Blouse!
Overall I am pretty happy with my Pendrell. The pattern is put together very well and the instructions were clear and easy to follow. I particularly loved that there were no closures (zippers, buttons, hooks) to deal with!
Here are a few things I will consider in making my next version of this blouse:
- I used a cotton lawn (lightweight cotton), underlined with cotton batiste for opacity, on this first version. I really love the fabric but next time I will use a fabric with more drape that will likely be more true to the pattern.
- I am definitely going to make View A of the Pendrell, which does not have a ruffle but has a slightly longer draped sleeve.
- When I make this ruffled version of the Pendrell (View B) again, I’m contemplating making the sleeve a bit longer as a fellow blogger, Ms. Modiste, has suggested.
- I shortened my Pendrell by about 3 inches, but now I’m wondering if I should have left it a bit longer, so maybe I’ll try that next time.
- I’d like to consider other ways to address the excess ease I had in the under arm area, and to bring the princess seams a smidge more center. I may need to take a more serious look at whether the Full Bust Adjustment would help with this.
- I would also like to try lowering the neckline by an inch or two as well! Oh the possibilities!
Here are a few more shots of my Pendrell:
All in all, making the Pendrell was a great experience and has only increased my sewing confidence. I’m looking forward to working on the next version!