It’s amazing how beneficial a real vacation is!
We just got back from a fabulous 10 day trip to the Pacific Northwest and I feel happy, rested, and inspired – all of which will be good for more tough battles at work and our busy social schedule!
Here’s a little peek into our vacation! After flying into Seattle late on a Friday night we drove straight up to Whistler where friends had already settled in at our homey rental cabin. Unfortunately, between a delayed flight, a few errands on the drive up (including the duty free store and a 7-11 in Squamish to get discounted lift tickets!) and a bit of a wait at the border, we didn’t arrive in Whistler until 5am –eeeeek!
We slept for a few hours and then rallied for a hard core, non-stop, half day on the slopes to get our ski-adventures started.
We were in Whistler until Wednesday night enjoying great snow and 3.5 skiing days including a few bluebirds!!
Wednesday night we drove to Vancouver and had a great time touring around the city for a couple days visiting Stanley Park, and Capilano Suspension Bridge. We were also thrilled to go to Rogers Arena and see a Canucks win!
We drove back to Seattle for the weekend, stopping in Bellingham, WA to check out Boundary Bay Brewery. It was great to conclude our trip with a relaxing few days with good friends in Seattle, including a hike in Discovery Park, and a few more micro-brew tastings (The Jolly Roger Tap Room and Hale’s Ales.
The top ten things about our trip to the Pacific Northwest:
1) Getting on the Jumbotron at the Canucks game (YAY)!
2) As much hot-tubbing as I could fit into five days!
3) No mobile email access for over a week – I’ve got to remember to unplug more frequently!
4) Lots of fun times with new and old friends!
5) Delicious food and drink for 10 days!
6) Bootpacking to Blackcomb Glacier to ski awesome long runs in wonderful snow!
7) Sampling more high-quality micro-brews than I can count!
8 ) Being a part of several hilarious “album cover” photos
9) Enjoying being tired from playing hard instead of working hard!
10) Coming home truly rejuvenated 🙂