So, the fact that it’s been 3.5 weeks since I’ve posted makes it pretty clear that I’m still getting the hang of this blogging thing!
Part of the issue is that my work has been CRAZY busy because Congress is considering eliminating public broadcasting in the U.S. and I work for local public television stations. So needless to say we have a lot on our plate!
On the upside, I care deeply about public broadcasting and it is invigorating to work hard for something I love. It’s refreshing to feel like I’m making a difference, even in the face of a pretty scary challenge.
::Beginning of shameless appeal::
**If you’re interested in helping save public broadcasting please click here**
::End of shameless appeal::
However, in addition to long hours at work, I’ve also been very busy having fun! Here are a few highlights from the last couple weeks:
- Cheering the Green Bay Packers on to Super Bowl victory!
- Enjoying an awesome Umphrey’s McGee concert in Baltimore with great friends,
- Cheering Marquette to victory over Syracuse on National Marquette Day,
- A relaxing getaway weekend with my husband in Culpeper, VA, complete with wine tastings and civil war history tour,
- Getting to spend time with my little brother who was in town for a weekend,
- Celebrating my husband and step-father’s birthdays,
- Using our china to host a lovely brunch for high school friends in town,
- Catching up with a number of Marquette friends in town for the Marquette @ Georgetown game (despite the result of the game),
- Enjoying a candid friday night book club, AND
- Getting to complete a number of fun projects that I plan to detail in the next few posts…I’m sure you’ll be holding your breath to hear all about them!!